Emily here! Happy Memorial Day! This week I got my gel polish off and have been experimenting with my long nails and different nail art techniques! I decided to do a sponge ombre using Sally Hansen’s Insta-dry in Set Sail as a base and sponged on Urban Outfitters Blue Jeans. An easy and cute manicure for the summer!
Here’s what the babes wore yesterday!
Emily wore: Denim Jacket (thrifted and hand painted,) Black oversized tshirt (Urban Outfitters,) Jeans (American Eagle,) Jelly Sandals (Forever 21)
Sarah Wore: Demin Jacket (American Eagle,) Navy Top (Old Navy,) Midi Skirt (thrifted,) Sandals (Franco Sarto)
It’s finally warming up in Columbus! The Babes are enjoying today’s weather in style!
Sunglasses (Forever 21), Sheer Top (Urban Outfitters), Jacket (Bernardo Collection), Floral Shorts (Forever 21), Boots (Vince Camuto)
Striped Dress (The Limited), “Get Carried Away” Hot Air Balloon Scarf (Kate Spade), Belt (Target), Sandals (Old Navy)
I’m about to go on vacation so I wanted a fun, playful manicure this week! I decided to go for an all over glitter polish. This is one of my all time favorite glitter polishes: Scorcher from Urban Outfitters. It covers very well and the larger flecks of glitter are such fun colors! I absolutely love it and it’s perfect for this time of year! It’s just a little reminder that Spring is just around the corner 🙂
It’s been so cold and dreary here in Ohio and what better way to fight the snow (besides staying inside and drinking tea) then to cheer up your day with a little glitter!
This week I painted my nails with Urban Outfitters “Chilly” which has heavy purple and blue glitter in a clear polish. I did a subtle accent nail by painting purple, American Apparel “Dynasty,” underneath 2 coats of the glitter, as opposed to 3. I loved the way this turned out and the name of the polish is extremely fitting for the weather outside!
Valentine’s Day has always been one of my favorite holidays even when I was single. I just love all the hearts and flowers and pretty colors. It’s also my favorite time of year to do nail art! There are so many options of what you can do for this lovely holiday so I decided to use 3 different designs so you can either mix them up, like I did, or you can pick one design and stick with it for all your nails.
1. The first step is your usual nail routine. I file, use cuticle oil, hand cream, then use a nail cleaner and base coat. 2. I painted a nude color (Ruffian Naked) on my pinkie and pointer finger nails, and a bright orangy-red (Essie Geranium) on my ring nail as the base for my designs.
3. Using the same red as I used on the solid nail, I created hearts on my middle and thumb nails. This usually works best if you have pointier nails.
4. I started painting flower-shaped blobs on the nude nails with the same red.
5. I used a darker red to add some shadow to the flower-blobs. I used OPI Lost on Lombard. I also painted on some smaller flowers with that color.
6. I used my favorite magenta color (Essies Too Taboo) for additional flowers, as well as accents in others. 7. With a hot pink, or slightly lighter pink (Urban Outfitters Hottub) I highlighted the magenta flowers
10. Using a white polish with dotting tool or nail pen add centers too all the flowers as well as polka dots to the solid red nails. I used a dotting tool and NYC Long Wearing Nail Enamel in French White. 11. Add your favorite top coat and you’re all set!
Happy Valentine’s Day! xoxo Emily
Sadly, this week I had to trim all my nails short due to the winter making them super dry and brittle. But, having short nails does not mean you can’t do awesome nail-art on them! I chose to do a simple half-manicure. I applied my base coat, waited for it to dry completely, then used masking tape to create the straight line. I painted on a deep plum from Urban Outfitters (I can’t read the name on my bottle!) then once it dried a little I took the tape off and applied a top coat. It’s super easy but very chic!